A Good Prayer

What is a good prayer? I think a good prayer is one to which God answers yes. That means we are praying in faith, and that our request is according to His Word and His Will. Now, I am sure that no is a very good answer at times, because we can't always know how to pray. We are not God. As well, when God answers wait, we could be praying a good prayer, but the timing is not right. However, most of the time when we pray a good prayer, God loves to give us what we request.

That was true for Jabez.(I Chronicles 4:10) He prayed a simple, but profound prayer, which God granted. He asked for God's blessing. He asked for the growth of his life territory. He asked to be kept from evil, so that he might not cause pain. Pretty simple, isn't it?

Notice that he did not ask for specifics. He left those to God. Therefore, his prayer was not selfish. He wanted God to do His will in His way. Then, he wanted to stay away from evil and to not cause pain. God loves to hear that type of prayer. I believe if we sincerely pray a prayer like this, God will answer it for us, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 8-10.

Popular Posts