Change

Most people have a problem with change. We gravitate toward our comfort zone, and then we tend to stay there. If we encounter change, it usually makes us uncomfortable. Therefore, we shy away from it.

This is a big problem for us in our Christian lives. The Lord calls on us to be ready to change at any time. He wants us to always be making changes so we can be more like Jesus. Without change, we can't really follow His will. The Holy Spirit leads us to change, and He gives us the ability to change, but we have to cooperate with Him in the process. If we don't want to change, He doesn't force us.

I am realizing more and more that I have to throw out the way I have always done things. I have to ask the Lord every morning to show me how and what to do. Then, if it means a big change or a subtle change, I must embrace that change and rejoice in it, because it will lead to fruit. This is a challenge for me, because I am an habitual type of person. However, the Spirit can and will break that tendency, if I will let Him. That is what I want. I want to be willing to change every day, if that is what it takes to do His will and to be more like Jesus.

Tomorrow, I intend to read John 21-22 and Acts 1.

Popular Posts