Seeking God

I can remember God seeking me at very young age. I would lay on my bed, and I would know that He was communicating with my heart. I would go to church, and the Holy Spirit would touch me through the teaching or preaching. I can say with certainty that God sought me, even when I was not seeking Him. Then, when I read the Bible, I see that is how He works with everyone. He takes the initiative.

However, I meet people who tell me that they try to seek God, but they do not hear from Him or find Him? What is the problem? Why would they not hear from God, when they are seeking Him? I am sure it is a complex question to answer, and I can't exhaust the possibilities. I can say that there must be a problem in the way they are listening or in the way they are putting God to the test. In other words, they are looking for the god they have made up in their own mind, or they are looking for God to do what they want Him to do. When they can't find this type of God, or they can't get Him to do their will, they conclude they can't find God.

I have found God to be Love and to be faithful. Therefore, I do not think He is ignoring them. I don't think He is not listening to them. He just can't answer those types of prayers, because He is the Lord, not the servant. He is Himself, and He will not change to fit anyone's desires. He is honest with us, and we need to honestly respond when He calls out to us. I believe that is why children hear from God. They make no demands. They have no prejudices. They truly want to know who God is, and He shows them. I praise the Lord for working that way in my life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read John 3-5.

Popular Posts