So Why Am I Still Crying?

Stacy and Dixie returned from their honeymoon this afternoon. They had a great time, but they were tired and ready to be home. After having supper with them, we loaded up all of Jacob's furniture and the essential things for him and Dixie, and we took them over to Stacy's house. Now, it is Dixie and Jacob's house, too. Chris and I rode home together, but I could not talk very much.

My prayers have been answered. All three of my children are married to godly spouses. I have been praying for that for over 30 years. For more than two years now, I have been praying for God's will for Jacob. He has a father, but he needs a "daddy." Today, Jacob has a daddy and a Pop Pop. What a blessing.

I can see God's hand working in our family, and I am truly thankful. I have real joy in my heart, because I see the joy of my children and my grandchildren. Everything is good. So why am I still crying? They are tears of joy, and they are tears of sadness since I have been with Dixie and Jacob so long. The good thing about tears is that God understands, and He brings the comfort.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 2-5.

Popular Posts