With God All Things Are Possible

This morning we had an 80 year old man come forward to profess his faith in Christ to our church family. I believe I mentioned him in one of my posts. It was such a joy to see him follow the Lord, and it will be fantastic to baptize him in a few weeks. God is so good!

We are told that if a person does not confess Christ as Lord and Savior before the age of 18 that there is only a small "chance" that they will ever take that step. Why are we told that? It is a statistical statement. If you give a survey to people about when they trusted Christ, over 95% of them will say that it was before age 18. Therefore, the conclusion is drawn that an older person is very unlikely to come to the Lord. However, I believe that is a false conclusion.

The conclusion we should make from the statistics is that there are very few Christians sharing the way of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ with adults. If people have never heard the way, they won't put their trust in Jesus. We have to be planting the seed of God's Word and sharing the truth of how to come to Christ, and then, we will see adults of all ages coming to the Lord.

The reason I say this is what this 80 year old man told me. He had gone to church. He had heard some about the Bible and Jesus. However, when I finished explaining the plan of salvation to him, I asked him if he had ever heard it that way before, and he said he had not. All I shared was the basic gospel, but he had never heard it from another Christian in his 80 years of life. The problem is not with God not being able to save adults. The problem is that the seed is not being spread by Christians. It is impossible to have a harvest without planting the seed first. I pray that we will be busy sharing Jesus with adults all around us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 29-31.

Popular Posts