Always, All, and Forever

I know I am a preacher, and preachers tend to exaggerate, but tonight I have a Bible verse that says "always," "all," and "forever." Therefore, this is not an exaggeration from a preacher, it is God's promise. It is Deuteronomy 5:29, "Oh that they had such a heart that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that it might be well with them and with their children forever." Pretty amazing, isn't it?

Consider this longing of the heart of God. God longs for us all to have a heart to fear Him and always keep all of His commandments. Then, it would go well with us and our children forever. Isn't that the end result we want? Don't we want things to go well for us and our children forever? The catch is that we find it hard to fear God enough to always do all of His commands. I don't mean to be perfect. No one is perfect. God's commands tell us what to do, when we fail, too. The battle is fearing God so much that we make the effort to always follow all of His commands. I believe if we had that kind of fear, we would find that our love and intimacy with the Lord would increase greatly as well. Then, we would find that His commands are what are best for us, and we would enjoy His benefits forever.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 9-12.
February 18 – I John 1:9
Confession brings cleansing of sin, but we must say what God would say about our sins to show our hatred for the sin and our desire to be rid of it. Take time for earnest confession of specific sins and receive His cleansing.

Popular Posts