This Girl of Mine

I am late writing my post this evening, because I took my girl out on a date. We had a great time enjoying each other and a nice meal. It is amazing to me that God gave me such a fantastic girl. Why am I calling her a girl? Well, I met her when we were 17. She was the girl of my dreams, and she still is. Even though, I have known her for 2/3 of my life, my heart leaps when I look at her, and I still she her as she was that first time I laid eyes on her.

God knew just the person I needed, and she is more than I ever thought I could ever have in a girlfriend. On top of that she became a wonderful wife, and a loving mother. She has made my life so sweet, because she loves me as much as I love her. Our love is steady, not because of us, but because we both have the love of the Lord in our hearts, and we share that unselfish love.

The first night I met her, we went to Gigi's Pizza across from DeKalb College. Tonight, we went to O'Charley's. It wasn't about the place, either time. It is always about being with my girl. Thank You Lord that Chris Bennett agreed to be my valentine forever.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 32-34.

Popular Posts