Love In Action

I was very impressed last week when I was talking to one of the couples in our church. They told me a story of great generosity and compassion to an acquaintance they met at church. The acquaintance and her two daughters were visiting our worship service, because they were friends with another member of our church family. When the couple found out she and her daughters had been put out of their home, they took them into their home. They have several children of their own, but they knew it was right to help and not to allow them to be out on the street. They showed "love in action."

This morning Leviticus 25:35 touched my heart as I read God's Word. This verse commands all believers to do the same thing. If a brother or sister in Christ becomes poor or falls into poverty we are to help them, but that is not all. We are to help the stranger and sojourner, as well. That is true compassion. Just think of the difference that would make in our society if all believers would do that. I know we can't count on those who don't know Christ to show that kind of unselfish love, but if the believers put love into action consistently, it would change our country.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 26-27 and Numbers 1-2.

Popular Posts