A Loving Church Family

This morning the church recognized my 10th anniversary as pastor of NHBC. I did not give a long "thank you" speech. However, I told them that the privilege was all mine, and I mean it sincerely.

When I came to NHBC and preached in view of a call, they voted that morning after the service. It was a unanimous vote. I was humbled. That was the first unanimous vote I ever had to become the pastor of a Baptist Church, except for maybe Smith Bend Baptist, my first church.

Since then we have been through 2 building programs, and I have had surgery for prostate cancer. They have loved me through it all, and I have tried to return that love. We have seen our ups and downs, but it has been a blessing, because they really want to do God's will in His way.

In August I will celebrate my 35th year of being a pastor. I have been the pastor of five churches over those years. All of them have been a blessing to me and to my family. I still have dear friends from all of them. I believe God called me to each of them, and He used me in some way to lead them to be to be more like Jesus wanted them to be. I pray that was the case.

Now, all I can think about is today. I am not promised tomorrow. However, if God gives me life for another day or another year, I hope He grants me the ability and His blessing to serve Him. It is the only way to live.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 10-12.

Popular Posts