Divine Appointments

I know we have all had times when we knew the Lord had engineered the circumstances for us to be in the right place at the right time to meet someone or experience something. It is a great confirmation of His existence and His concern about our affairs when things like that happen.

This morning I felt strongly that I should write a letter and mail it in a Christmas card to one of the men I know who is in prison. I have been struggling to know just how to help him, because he doesn't seem to be making much progress, and he is kind of put out with me telling him how I see things. However, I know God wanted me to write him, so I tried to be sensitive and write what God wanted me to say. Then, I had no sooner put a stamp on the envelope than the phone rang. It was a man with whom I had only spoken once before. He knows the man I wrote the letter to, and he was calling me to see how things were going with him. He was able to share some truths that helped me to see what to do. It was God's appointment to show me that what I was doing was right.

That is just one example. I pray for God to work out those kinds of appointments all the time. I have said for a long time, "He can do more in 10 minutes than I can do in 10 years." I try to rest in that truth as I go through each day and watch for what God is doing in me and around me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read James 3-5.

Popular Posts