Holy Anticipation

I hear people say that they go to church, but they don't really want to. They are not excited about it. They do it out of some sort of obligation. It makes me sad to hear these kinds of things, because I know the joy that the Lord wants us to experience when we come together to worship Him as a Body. Ever since I came to know Jesus, I have loved going to church, and I can't imagine doing anything else on the Lord's Day.

There is a sense of holy anticipation when it comes to Sundays. What is God going to do? What am I going to experience when I come into His presence in the group of believers who are gathered in His name? It is an dynamic experience that is never the same two weeks in a row. I can't wait to see what He does tomorrow in our church family and in me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Acts 27-28 and Romans 1.

Popular Posts