Humility

Every time I find myself criticizing someone else the Lord reminds me that I have been guilty of the same sin, even if it was a different variation of it. It has been said that whenever we point our finger at someone else, we have three fingers pointing back at us. We have no room for pride and arrogance, but it is so entrenched in the flesh that it is hard to root it out completely.

Then, when I consider that I can do nothing on my own without the help of God, there is no reason not to be humble. In fact, humility should be the automatic result of getting saved by grace through faith. We can't save ourselves from our sins, and we can't live the Christian life without the power and direction of the Spirit, so every believer should be humble. The world would be a much better place if that was always the case.

Moses was the most humble man who ever lived. Jesus was the picture of humility. That should be our goal each day. Then, others could see Jesus in us and be drawn to Him, because they see how different we are from everyone else.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 32-35.

Popular Posts