Patience

I guess the Lord must know that I need more patience. I can usually tell because of how things work out in my life. If I need more patience, the Lord causes or allows things to happen which require me to have patience. I have been having some of those types of things more often lately.

My truck was running well, but I was having trouble with it not starting occasionally. I took it to an excellent mechanic, and he changed a couple of parts. Now, it won't run well at all, and he can't get it figured out. I have been without my truck for more than 3 weeks now. It has been an exercise in patience.

Our microwave went out on Monday evening, so I went and bought a new one today. I was about to mount it above the stove, when I found out there was no hardware in the box. Now, I have to call the store tomorrow, and ask them what to do. I suppose I will have to return it and buy another one. Another exercise in patience for me and for the family.

Patience is a virtue. It is essential to a happy life. I just hope I go ahead and get my quota pretty soon.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 141-143.

Popular Posts