Playing a Trick On Dixie

This evening I put the first coat of paint on Jacob's room. I told Dixie I would paint his room for her, if she would pick out the paint. The trick is that I did not tell her what it was going to cost her. Painting is tough work. I can't let her get by with no charge. I just want to be fair, you know. How much do you think I ought to charge her for my work?

I have thought about it some, and I think I know just what to charge. For my labor I should get to take Jacob on as many animal walks as I want, or he wants. Also, I think it is fair that I get to teach him how to play baseball and golf. What do you think? I know, that is not quite enough is it? I think I better include taking him out to the ballpark to see the Braves whenever we want to go and eating whatever we want to eat while we are there. I think that will do it. She gets off cheap, and I get all the pay I need.

Do you think I could play the same kind of trick on Jeff and Lori next time I am in Japan? I guess I will have to start planning it now.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 115-117.

Popular Posts