Turning Another Person Back to the Truth

This morning was our next to the last chapel for our middle school students in our academy. We have been studying the book of James in quite a bit of detail, but today I felt led to ask them a question. I asked them to tell me something they had learned this year, in school, in church, or just in their lives. I was surprised when they spoke up quickly with several very good answers. Mostly, their learning involved relationships in one way or another.

I was very glad to hear the final contribution. One of the students said that they had learned one Wednesday evening in the youth worship that to be a good friend was to help your friend get right with the Lord if they did something wrong. What a fantastic truth. In fact, it is the truth in James 5:19,20. God means for us, as believers, to care about folks around us to the point that we will help turn them back to the truth when they stray. If we do not step in to help in love, they could find themselves in bondage to sin in a short time.

I pray that we all can learn this lesson. It would make our world and our church a much better place. It is not just a good idea. It is God's will for us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 19-21.

Popular Posts