Setting Priorities

In order to bear fruit like the Lord wants us to, we have to follow His will, instead of doing what we want to do. I am a firm believer in Ephesians 2:10, which says that He has decided beforehand on good works that we should do after we become one of His children. The key is to be so in touch with Him that we obey His leading to do those works and not a lot of other things.

We have all heard that the good is the enemy of the best. If we are doing a lot of good things, we could miss the best things, because we don't even get around to doing them. The way to do the best things is to set our priorities by following God's works for us.

It is a great challenge, because there are so many needs, and there are so many opportunities. However, we much be diligent to narrow it down by seeking Him and hearing His voice. If we just do all of the needs, and we take every opportunity, we will miss having time and energy for what He wants.

I want to bear much fruit for His glory, so I want to abide in Christ and His Word so much that I can't miss what He is saying. Then, I will be so filled with His Spirit that I can do whatever He says for me to do. That is the only plan for us as believers to really accomplish God's Will for us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 25-28.

Popular Posts