Our Personal Testimonies

As I met with the new members of our church for our new member orientation class, I asked each one of them to give their testimony of how they came to know the Lord. It is always a great blessing for me to hear how God worked in the lives of other believers. It brings us closer to each other, too, when we take the time to share our personal salvation story. Of course, I shared my testimony with them, as well.

Then, I stopped before proceeding with the rest of the class, and I challenged them to give their testimony to other people as often as they can. People can argue the Bible with you, but they can't really dispute your story. The Holy Spirit can and will take it and use it in their lives to convict them of sin, righteousness, and judgment. He will use it to draw them to Jesus.

Also, the thing I noticed about the testimonies today was that God used a believer who was willing to spend time with them on a weekly basis to reach them. It confirms what I have been saying for a long time. They don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 13-15.

Popular Posts