Figuring Your Net Worth

There are a lot of people who are really into finances these days. They are concerned about the value of their home, since home prices have fallen in most places. They are watching their retirement plans very carefully, because they lost so much money in the recent economic down-turn. They constantly watch their saving and checking account balances. They are fairly consumed by how much they are worth financially. Do you know your net worth?

I am not much of a financial person, but I know my net worth down to the penny. In fact, you can ask me at any time, and I can give you an exact figure. No, I don't have a good computer program, and I don't have a phone that is able to get to the Internet. I have a Bible, and I read it often. This morning I read what the Lord, Himself, said in Job 41:11. God said, "Everything under heaven is Mine." Therefore, my net worth is zero, and so is yours. None of us own anything. The Lord is just lending us some of His while we are here.

It really helps me to know my net worth, because when I spend any money I am aware that it is My Father's money, not mine. I stop to think if I am spending it as He would, because that is part of the agreement. At the Judgment we will all give an account of how we spent His money. The good thing is that He has given us very specific instructions in the Bible. All we have to do is to read it and follow what He has told us. It is really very simple as long as we remember it is all His.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 42 and Psalms 1-2.

Popular Posts