Animal Walks with Jacob

I had a good Lord's Day of worship and rest today, and I hope all of you did, too. This evening I got home early enough, and Jacob was able to stay up late enough, so we went on an animal walk before his bath. We have been going pretty regularly, continuing what Kade and I started almost a year ago now. Of course, Jacob can't walk on his own yet. I have to carry him, but he loves being outside. He is very curious and perceptive. Tonight, we examined an oak leaf, we watched Midnight, our dog, and we saw the moon shining before the sun was set. He was very fascinated with the moon. In fact, he was trying very hard to say the word "moon." It is great to be able to spend time with him and to try to teach him about the world and about the Lord.

Jacob likes the woods and seeing any animals, but he likes to admire the airplanes as they pass by on their way to landing at the airport. He reaches up and points at them. I could not help but think of Lori, Jeff, Kade, and Avenly flying back to Japan this Wednesday when I watched the planes with Jacob. I am not sad about it, but it causes me to pray for Kade as he makes the transitions back into the Japanese language and culture. It reminds me of all of the things his mom and dad will be teaching him in the weeks and months to come. It reminds me to pray for God's grace even more. I have nothing to worry about, but a lot to pray about, both for Jacob and for Kade.

Let's all cherish our children and our grandchildren. Let's lift them up to the Lord frequently and fervantly. Let's remember to take all of the animal walks we can.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 36-38.

Popular Posts