Frustrations

Have you ever wondered why frustrating things happen as often as they do? We all have frustrating things happen, but they seem to come in bunches, instead of one at a time and slowly. What is going on?

The last two days I have had more people than usual want to call and talk to me. Normally, that would be a good thing. However, since I have laryngitis, and I can hardly talk, it could be very frustrating. Doesn't God know that I can't talk? Of course He does. Is Satan nudging the folks to call to try to get to me? I don't think so. I think it is a test from the Lord, Himself.

All of life is making decisions. The process of making decisions takes insight and sometimes, it takes patience. My laryngitis is a good example. It is not the best time to go witness to someone, but last night I took a friend, and he did the talking. That was very good for him and for the person with whom he was sharing. As for the others, I can go as soon as I can talk better, but I just have to be patient and accept God's timing. Sometimes, we can get ahead of God, especially when we are list people like me. I even had a friend from Baylor contact me about having a catch-up call after all these years. I kindly asked him to call later in the week, so I can speak more clearly. In each case God was testing to see if I would do the right thing, or just forge ahead with a major hindrance in place to doing His will.

I hope we can all take this example and apply it in our lives. We don't have to get frustrated when frustrating things happen. We can be calm and seek God's will in the matters at hand. I believe He is very pleased when we pass His tests.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 4-6.

Popular Posts