Forty Years

I was getting ready for our Easter services yesterday, when something struck me. I remembered the significance of the year and the day. I was saved on Palm Sunday, 1970. That year Palm Sunday was on March 22, I believe. However, it means that I have been saved for forty years. What a blessing to know the Lord Jesus for such a long time! It humbled me just to realize this, so I stopped to thank the Lord for all He has done for me over the course of my life.

From the time Jesus forgave my sins, my life has been changed. It has not been perfect by any stretch. However, the great thing is that I have seen His grace grow me to be more like Jesus progressively all through the years. I know I still have a long way to go, but it is so wonderful to have His peace and to know that He has matured me to the point that I know I can do all things through Christ.

I was running the other day. It was rather warm. I had been running in Fort Worth, but it is flat there, so I was thinking about running less for my first run back at home on my hills. However, the Holy Spirit came to me and told me that He would be my strength, so I could finish the course. I was very tired from my allergies, and I may even have a virus, but I said, "OK." I kept going in His strength, and I made it to the end. As I ran, the Spirit gently but sternly told He could do the same thing for anything I need to do for Him. It was convicting and energizing at the same time. It turned into a spiritual experience, instead of just a run.

Now, I don't know if I will make it another forty years on this earth, but I do know that He wants me to finish the course in His strength and all will be well. If I do make it another forty years, I want to be growing in Him all the way.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Kings 20-22.

Popular Posts