Impacting Eternity

I know I have a different way of looking at life than many people. I am sure that it has something to do with God's calling for me. Since He called me when I was 17 years old, I have spent all of my adult life pursuing the mission He gave me, which was "to tell people about Jesus, so it would help them forever." No He did not say that to me in an audible voice, it was louder than that. Therefore, I try to spend each day doing things that will impact eternity. I have told folks down through the years that I can't imagine doing a "regular" job for a living for that reason.

Today was a good example of what I am talking about. I started with my time with the Lord, because without Him, I can do nothing. I prayed for all of my Thursday people, which includes praying for people in Japan, the Dominican Republic, and West Africa, as well as folks in our area and in my church family. In that way I can have an impact in places I can't go myself on a daily basis. Then, I spoke to the academy children. It is never just a lesson. It is an endeavor to touch the soul of one of those children in such a way that he or she will be drawn closer to Jesus Christ. I met with my accountability partner, because I need to stay on track and I need someone to agree with me as we pray for lost souls. Then, I met to do "business" with other Christian brothers, which could impact people in Henry county for years to come. Afterwards, I had a mentoring time with another pastor who has not been in the ministry for as long as I have, in an effort to help him be effective in impacting eternity more. On the way back to the Good News Club I stopped at the hospital to see an older gentleman who is having physical problems. I did not get to see him, but I could pray for God's healing and His comfort while I was there. Finally, I told the children at the local elementary school about Jesus through the story of Joseph. Much like I started the day, I was trying to say something to catch their hearts for the Lord. Even after I got home, my mind was still working on some projects that are coming up. I want to be sure to be a good steward of God's money and the time He gives us to do His will.

That was a busy day, but a normal day for me. I am so blessed that God has called me to be involved in His work. I don't want to let up until He takes me to be with Him. However, I did not write this post to tell you about me. I wrote it to ask you a question. What are you doing to impact eternity each day? It is not just for pastors. It should be the life of every believer. If it was, we would see a lot more impact on eternity, because what we do matters.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 26-27 and Numbers 1-2.

Popular Posts