My First Animal Walk with Jacob

SSSSHHHHHH!!!! Don't tell Dixie, but Jacob and I took our first animal walk this afternoon. She was working. It was little chilly, but Chris and I wrapped him up real well. He has the cutest warm hat. You ought to see it. All that was showing was his little eyes, nose, and mouth. It was a beautiful day. The sun was bright. We had a great worship time this morning. We ate a fellowship meal at church. Then, we got a nap, and we still had time for a walk before evening worship. It was perfect.

We were careful getting into the woods. When the wind blew so strongly the other day, we had a large pine tree blow down right across our trail into the woods. We made it through with no problems, and we were off behind Midnight. She chased a squirrel or two, and we saw some small tracks of a cat and maybe a possum. Mostly, we just enjoyed each other and the beautiful creation of God.

I try to spend as much time as I can with Jacob, and I look forward to the times when he will be able to walk through the woods with me (and Kade and Avenly). I think about how much fun it will be to get back into baseball with him. However, we must be sure to keep the main thing the main thing. Right? So I pray for Jacob, Kade, and Avenly every morning. I pray that God will give them spiritual understanding to know that Jesus is Lord and that they need to turn from their sins and trust Him as Lord and Savior, as soon as they can in their lives. I pray for them to be healthy, and I pray for God to give them a strong Christian spouse. I started praying a prayer like that in March of 1979, and I suspect I will be praying a prayer like that until I go to Heaven or Jesus comes again. No matter how many animal walks I get to take with the grandchildren, I want to walk with all of the children in eternity.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 14-16.

Popular Posts