God's Peace

I was very encouraged today by one of the folks I visited. Have you ever gone to see someone, because you wanted to cheer them up, and you were the one who got the blessing? It has happened to me many times.

When I went to the jail today, I was determined to go see a young man whom I had not seen for several months. The last time I saw him, he was about to go to the detention center for 2 months, and then, he hoped to be home by Christmas. Well, it has not worked out that way. He may be in jail for the better part of another year. The last time I saw him he was doing so well going through the Masterlife books and sharing with his roommates. As I walked down the hall to the elevators, I wondered what his attitude would be when I saw him. I prayed that he would still be doing well.

I sat down to talk with him on the phone, and my fears were soon taken away. He looked at me with a genuine smile. Then, I asked him how he was doing, and he said, "God is still giving me that peace." I could have shouted. What a blessing to hear a man behind bars say that to me. Then, he told me about his sentence being 1 year. He did not bat an eye, but he said that he would be fine if it was. God is with that young man, and I thank Him for His grace in his life.

How many of us can say the same thing about our lives right now? Is the peace of God filling your life? It does not have to do with your environment or your resources. It has to do with His presence. Where Jesus reigns there is peace. He is the Prince of Peace. Let Him reign in your life every day like this young man is doing.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 42-44 and I John 1.

Popular Posts