A Very Enjoyable Day

I am sure there are a multitude of opinions about what makes for an enjoyable day. Most of the people I meet don't really like going to work, so work days are not that enjoyable for them. That leaves the weekends. There seems to be a lot of folks who live for the weekend. They like to stay out late and party with friends. Maybe, they like to sleep in and do things around the house. Perhaps, they get enjoyment from doing things like going to movies or other activities. Whatever they do, it seems that most people are seeking the greatest enjoyment possible in life.

For me I vote for Sundays as the most enjoyable day. I get up at 5 AM, and I am able to spend a couple of hours with the Lord of the universe. Then, I quickly shower and dress to go to worship service at the church. I get the privilege of seeing my Christian friends and having a time of worship together. The thrill of giving praise and thanks to Jesus is as exhilarating as any ball game or movie for me. Then, we gather for a family meal at our house. It is so relaxing to sit and visit with my wife, children, parents, and grandchildren. Then, I take a nap. AHHHH. It is so refreshing to rest on the Lord's Day just like He did when He rested after creation. Then, I go to the church building again for a time of Bible study/discipleship with the church family. After that I go home to unwind and prepare for the rest of the week. What a day! I get to spend a whole day with those who mean most to me: The Lord, my family, and my Christian family in a restful atmosphere. I would commend it for your enjoyment, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 116-118 and I Corinthians 7:1-19.

Popular Posts