The God of New Beginnings

I have to admit that I am an incurable optimist because of my belief in the Lord and His great power to change people. I take the Bible very literally when it talks about a person being born again (John 3) and being a new creation.(II Corinthians 5) I know what the Lord has done in my life over the years, and I know He can and will do the same for other people who trust Him and seek to grow.

The last few months I have been called on to minister to a number of people who need the transforming work of the Lord. Some of them have been victorious because they have repented and trusted the Lord. Others are still struggling because they can't believe that God can do what He says, yet. Yes, I believe they will. I believe they can, and so I am going to keep trying.

There are so many people in need of drastic change that sometimes it can be discouraging. A person can become overwhelmed by the needs. However, the Lord helps me to keep in mind that if even one is changed, it is worth the time and effort. That is what I pray for every day. I pray that I can be a good representative of the God of New Beginnings, and show people by my life and my words that He is able. Then, when God changes a life, that person takes up the mission, too, and the process multiplies, so that more and more people can hear the message. The more people who will join in the better. Then, the whole world can know that God is the God of New Beginnings.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 123-125 and I Corinthians 10:1-18.

Popular Posts