The Path of Life

I made the rounds today. I went a lot of places, and I spoke to several people. It seemed like one theme kept coming up all day long. Then, when I returned home, I remembered the verse God gave me this morning. It was a promise from Psalm 16:11, "You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever." I am constantly amazed at how God is able to speak to me through His Word just what I need for the day.

I was able to relate to the folks I met with that God's plan for our lives is much better than our own plan. He will lead us in His plan, if we will let Him. He is fully capable of speaking to us by the Spirit through the Bible, circumstances, prayer, and other Christians. We are the ones who have to listen to Him. He will not let us down, if we look to Him.

So many people think they know how to have joy, but real joy comes from the presence of the Lord. When we walk with Him in the power of the Spirit we have joy. Even pleasures come from His hand, but not the empty pleasures of the flesh and of this world. His pleasures are real and lasting. What a difference it makes to find the path of life from the Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Acts 18-19 and Acts 20:17-38.

Popular Posts