Breaking My Heart

This morning in my unhurried time the Lord was showing me again how much trouble Paul had as an apostle. I have been reading his letters from I Corinthians to Philippians in addition to Acts. Over and over Paul has to relate how he was suffering for the Lord in His service. It made me realize how much suffering is part of our service for the Lord even now. We should not think twice about enduring pain and hardship, if we have the opportunity to lead someone to the Lord or advance the kingdom of God.

Paul said it very well in Acts 21:13 when he told the other believers, "What are you doing weeping and breaking me heart? For I am ready not only to be bound but to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus Christ." He was ready to die for Jesus, but that is not the only thing that spoke to me. It was his breaking heart. What was breaking Paul's heart? His heart was breaking because the other believers did not want him to follow God`s will, if it meant to suffer or die. Paul was touched when other Christians did not have a commitment to do God`s will no matter what.

I can relate to that myself. The one thing that seems to crush my heart is when a believer is not willing to do what God has clearly revealed as His will. It seems elementary to me that if He is Lord, then, we do whatever He says. I suppose some people would reply that they can`t be sure it is God`s will. I believe that is where faith comes in. Faith is trusting what God shows us and leaving the results up to Him. I know He will always honor that kind of faith.

Instead of being tentative, let`s be ready to go all the way for the Lord. Let`s not be doubting, but faithful.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 23-25 and Acts 21:18-40.

Popular Posts