Priceless

I would imagine most of us have seen the TV commercials for a popular credit card that give the price of several things, and then, the commercial ends with a special experience and the word "priceless." Well, I had one of those times today, thanks to the Lord.

When I looked at the computer this morning after my "unhurried time", I noticed that the Braves game was at 1:10 PM today, instead of in the evening. I don't know how I missed that, but I did. When Jeff came in, I asked him if he would like to take Kade, since we would not have to be out late at night. He said, "yes", so I called my Dad, and he wanted to go, too. The four of us made our way to the ball park, got our tickets, and sat down to enjoy the game.

It was a bit hot for Kade and even for me at times. I had chosen some tickets that were fairly close to the field, and that is one of the trade-offs for those seats. We watched the game and all of the action in the stadium. It was a lot of fun. In the ninth inning, as it was about to rain, one of the Braves players hit a foul ball our way. The ball hit the concrete and took a large bounce right into my hands. I was able to bend down and present my grandson with a foul ball at his first major league baseball game. It was priceless to see his face and to think that I caught my first ball after 54 years of going to baseball games, when I was with my Dad, my son-in-law, and my first grandson at a game together. What a thrill.

Now, I know catching a baseball is not a big deal in reality. However, I have played ball all of my life, and to think that God was so good to me to have that ball jump right into my hands is amazing to me. I have often said that I don't pray for ball games, because God doesn't care who wins. I guess God does care about giving a thrill to a grandad and his grandson, though. I am very thankful for that, too. God is so good!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezra 3-5 and John 20.

Popular Posts