A Grass Roots Movement

When we added on to our house a couple of months ago, we had to have 100 feet of septic lines added to our septic system. They had to dig a deep trench in our backyard, so we have a had a dirt spot there. I did not choose to have grass seed spread there, because of the expense, and I knew that the grass would spread fairly quickly to cover the area. Now, it is almost covered. That is how God designed grass. It is pretty amazing to me.

I think there is a parallel with spiritual movements. God means for them to spread like grass with shoots and roots going every direction until the whole area is covered. It makes sense because that is how things happen with people. We interact with other people all of the time in various ways. Through those relationships we can spread the spiritual things to those people in a natural way.

That is my prayer for the On Mission Groups in our church family. I am glad to say that I see it happening, too. I got a call yesterday, and the person told me that he was already being blessed, and he had just agreed to begin with another man. That is fantastic. Now, I can't wait to see how it all grows in a grass roots way. I am convinced that it could cover Stockbridge with the Gospel. I hope you will prayerfully be a part of this movement of God. I will be explaining it more in our worship services the next couple of months.

This morning I read Ezra 6-8 and John 21.

Popular Posts