Tender Hearts

This morning I was able to do a special lesson for our North Henry Academy chapel service, since Steve was gone with the 6th and 7th graders to Space Camp in Huntsville. I took the entire 30 minutes to present the life of Christ. It was a lesson from the Good News Club that is used for Easter.

The title is "The One who is Different," and it goes into all of the ways that Jesus is different from everyone else. I won't tell the story here, but I will say that it captivated the attention of the children. They watched and listened as I put the flannel graph figures on the board and told the story. When the final piece was put in place, it left the outline of Jesus with His arms out stretched in the middle. I explained how Jesus ascended into Heaven, and He is coming back some day. I explained that if a person turns away from his sins, trusts that Jesus can save him because He died on the Cross and rose again to pay for our sins, and died in our place, and finally, he surrenders to Jesus as Lord of his life, Jesus will forgive his sins and give him eternal life.

When I gave the children the opportunity to trust Christ for the first time, several came forward, and I explained it all again, and we prayed. It was wonderful to look into the faces of those students and to see their tender hearts. I am not sure how many really understood and truly accepted Christ. I leave that to the Lord. However, I know that I was looking into the eyes of sincere children who were coming to Jesus, and I believe He heard them and saved them. All of us must have hearts like that when we come to Him. There is no other way.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Judges 19-21 and Luke 7:31-50.

Popular Posts