Haste Makes Waste

I was born with a large "hurry" gene. I don't know how it is for everyone else in the world, but it is hard for me to slow down. I am not talking about relaxing. I can relax when I need to take a break. I am talking about slowing down in doing the things I need to do. I am talking about being time conscious all of the time. In some ways it is a very good trait, but in other ways it is very bad.

I notice it the most on Sundays. I will miss saying something I need to say, because I am in too big of a rush. Also, even when I make a point, if I do not spend enough time on it, I fail to give it a thorough enough explanation. Then, when I get finished, I realize what happened, and it is too late.

I am not sure why God made me this way. I suppose there needs to be a certain number of time conscious people in the world, or else, everything would be late. However, I would have preferred to have a balance, and to be able to turn it off and on. That is not possible, though. I am just that way. I have asked the Holy Spirit to slow me down. Years ago, my grandmother even gave me a key chain that says, "Slow me down, Lord." I do not drive fast any more, but on the inside my mind and heart are racing all along. I am going to keep praying for the Lord to give me grace to control the "hurry" gene, because I know the old adage is true. Haste does make waste, and I do not want to mess things up.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ruth 1-4 and Luke 8:1-25.

Popular Posts