The Eye Gate and the Ear Gate

Yesterday afternoon Terry Penn did a wonderful presentation for the Good News Club children at Cotton Indian Elementary school about guarding the heart. It was the Valentine's party, so that is why the theme was on the heart. Terry used the flannel board and the special figures to explain the important truths to the children.

The essence of the lesson was that we all need to watch out for what goes into our eyes and our ears, because it effects our hearts. There are so many terrible images that can be burned into our brains, and so many terrible words that can get stuck in our minds, if we do not guard against them. The lesson used the image of a castle with a gate to keep people out. We need to have a gate over our eyes and our ears, so that we block bad things from having an influence on us.

I know that since I started using TV Guardian years ago, it has made a great difference in my mind and heart. It replaces the foul language with captions that are clean. It protects my ears from that garbage, and it helps my heart. Also, I have become very selective over the years about what I watch in the movies and on TV. I have not missed anything. My heart is much more pure for the effort. Take a minute and read what David said in Psalm 101. He discovered the importance of the eye gate and the ear gate a long time ago. I pray that we will all have the resolve of David.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 13 and Matthew 26:26-50.

Popular Posts