Having Hearts Blameless in Holiness

This morning as I was reading the passage in I Thessalonians 3:12-13, my heart was captured by a phrase. Sometimes, I am struck by a word. At other times it is an entire verse or even a longer passage. However, these three words just summarized to me what I think the Lord is looking for in all of us as believers. There are other passages that say the same thing, but not as succinctly. If every believer could have it as his or her goal to be blameless in their words and deeds, that would be a great start. I am afraid too many Christians just want to be OK spiritually. Unless they reach for the top, they will always be just mediocre. Then, there is the concept of holiness. We ought to desire to be fully given to the Lord for His service and not our own will. That is being set apart for Him. That is holiness. Of course, we have to be separated from sin to be fully given to Him. Therefore, to be blameless in holiness is to be totally set apart for the Lord in such a way that people don't have anything of which they can accuse us of not being fully given to the Lord. I know that is wordy, but I hope we all will consider that wonderful phrase and let the Spirit bring the meaning to light for us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 47-49 and I Thessalonians 4.

Popular Posts