Gran is Home

My wife, Chris, has been doing her grandmotherly duty by helping to take care of our new granddaughter, Avenly, in Japan. It is tough work, but someone has to do it. I am sure our daughter, Lori, and her husband, Jeff, appreciated the help with their newborn, especially since she had to go to the hospital for a week with the RSV cold virus. However, she had to return home from this mission of love today. I thank God she was able to go, and I thank God she is back home. It is one of the facts of life on this earth. We can't be everywhere we would like to be all of the time. We have to set priorities and follow God's will for our lives.

Now, my main prayer is for Lori and Jeff. They have a huge task. They must continue to raise a very intelligent and lively 3 1/2 year old boy, while taking loving care of their little girl. Sleep is a rarity. Stress is a given. If that was not difficult enough, there are the constant Japanese classes and the studying. Level 5 waits on no one. They will be pulled between all of these very worthy needs, and it will seem too much at times. The only way they will make it is by the grace of the Lord and by accessing His peace through constant prayer. I don't tell you this to emphasize Lori and Jeff's family. I use them as an example of life for all of us. It may not be an infant, a 3 year old, and Japanese, but we all have more than we can do, if we are diligently trying to do God's will. There is no way we can ever do it without His power and grace. I pray that we all will rest in the fact that He is able. Just fill in the blank for your life. He is able to ______. Whatever it is, God is able to meet that need. Let's give it all to Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 50-52 and I Thessalonians 5.

Popular Posts