Looking Forward to Worship

Sundays are fantastic for me. I am so glad that I have never become bored with worship. It has always been a time of anticipation. I want to see what God will do. I want to see who will be touched by His mighty hand. I pray each week that it will be me. Sundays are special because I get to be with God's people and worship Jesus with my church family. What could be better than that? No, really, I mean it. The king of the universe loves me. He gave His Only Son to die for me. To think that I can gather with others who have known that love and sing His praises is the best thing for me each week.

I may have told you about the time we were at a Bailey Smith Conference in Marietta, Georgia when John was young. E V Hill was preaching on I Corinthians 15, and the people were so excited about what he was saying that they were standing and cheering. I had John on my shoulders, so he could see. He looked down at me and said, "Why can't church be like this every Sunday?" I did not give him an answer at that moment, but I have thought about it often. In reality, it could be that way each time we meet for worship. However, it is not because we fail to invest our whole hearts in our worship. We hold back. We think about other things instead of Jesus. All of those things are terribly painful to the Lord, like an Israelite bringing a lame bull to sacrifice to Him. I pray that we all will look forward to worship, and that we will worship with our whole heart engaged in praise and thanksgiving for our wonderful Lord Jesus.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 79-80 and Romans 11:1-18.

Popular Posts