Less is More, and More is Too Much

Lately, I have had way too much to think about and to try to accomplish. I am trying to be sensitive to what the Lord wants me to do and to say no to things that are not His will, but with all of the church ministry and the extra details of the new building, it has been very busy.

Last night, I came home from our church planning meeting, and I was so focused on what I had to do and on going to bed by 10 PM that I forgot to do my blog. It kills me when I forget things. It is not my nature, since God blessed me with a good memory and a strong sense of responsibility. However, it does happen occasionally. This time it was another prompting from the Lord to learn a lesson He is teaching me. Less is more, and more is too much.

No matter how fast I work, I can't do many things as well as I can do fewer things. That is true of everyone. The only difference between us is how quickly we can accomplish what we have to do. However, people things take time. Relationships happen when we have time to spend with other people. Therefore, we can't have good relationships using only very little time. That is why I must limit my tasks and give more time for relationships. That is my aim once the building is complete, and I am working on it even now. Please, pray for me to be very sensitive to the Lord's leadership, because I do not want to leave out anything He wants me to do.

Today, I read Psalms 77-78 and Romans 10.

Popular Posts