We are Fine

This morning Chris and I had the privilege of going prayer walking together. It was a very warm morning, but we enjoyed our time as we walked and prayed through a large neighborhood near the church. We were hoping to pass out some fliers about Vacation Bible School along the way, as we prayed.

We met several people who were very happy to see us. One lady told us that she was working in her church's VBS. A man who was working on his car told me that he and his wife would visit our worship service sometime. However, there was one lady who really stuck in my heart. When Chris approached her and asked her about VBS and church, she had a simple reply, "We are fine." I pray that she really was fine, but I kind of doubt that she and her family are fine. Most Christians love to run into other believers. They do not feel threatened. It is a good thing to talk with a fellow Christian, even if they are of another denomination. I am afraid her response meant that she did not want to talk about the Lord. Maybe, she had even decided not to believe in Jesus. I don't know, and I am not being judgmental. I am just telling you my perception.

I think the world is full of people who think they are fine, but one day they will stand before the Lord and find out otherwise. Then, it will be too late. That's why we need to think of ourselves as missionaries everywhere we go.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 30-31 and John 18:1-18.

Popular Posts