The Air I breathe

This morning we sang the worship chorus, "Breathe." The Holy Spirit is the air we breathe as Christians. What does that mean to you? I did not write the song, or claim to be a prophet, but I am fairly sure that the writer had a definite idea in mind.

Air is essential to life. Without it we can't live, and we would have no power. If the Holy Spirit is the air I breathe, then, He is an essential part of my life. Is that true in your life? I Pray that you know the freedom and power that comes from breathing in the Holy Spirit and then, exhaling Him to those around you. I pray that you know the life giving wind of the Spirit. He empowers all that God does.

In fact, the Bible tells us the same power that raised Jesus from the dead is available to us, as believers. It comes from the Spirit. If you need that power, breathe deeply tonight. Exhale all of your pride and determination to do your own will. Breathe in the Spirit and surrender to His will for you. It is an exhilarating breath of fresh air. He is the air we breathe 24/7. Without Him we have no life for He comes, when Jesus saves us, to give us life. He is essential, not extra or optional.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 17-18 and John 13:1-20.

Popular Posts