Clay Pot Encouragement

After what I wrote yesterday, I received a great encouragement from God's Word this morning in my unhurried time. The verse in the Experiencing God Day by Day devotional by Henry Blackaby was II Corinthians 4:7. It reminded me that I am just an earthen vessel or a clay pot for Jesus in which Jesus dwells. That way people don't see me, but they see Him, whenever there is anything noteworthy in my life. I praise God for that truth, and I thank Him for His timely encouragement. God is wonderful in that way. He comes with His comfort at just the right time.

It is a good thing that I am weak, because then, He can be strong in me and through me. It is good that I am just a waiter serving up His Word as a meal for others, instead of being a chief to cook up my own ideas. All of this is His plan, so that people will hear Him loud and clear.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 13-14 and Luke 10:1-24.

Popular Posts