July 2 - Proverbs 10,11

For the next several days we will read two chapters of proverbs each day. This will give us a little more time to think about what we read. However, there is so much in each chapter, it is impossible to record all that the Lord says to me as I read. I encourage you to read it carefully, and let the Lord show you what He has for you.

The one theme that popped out at me in these two chapters was the "mouth." There are several verses that speak about the "mouth of the wicked" or the "mouth of the righteous." In other verses there are references to talking too much. What is the Lord trying to say? I believe He wants us to realize that what comes out of the mouth shows what is in the heart. Sometimes people try to downplay their words, but words are important. If you say you are righteous, but your words are wicked, you are fooling yourself. If you can't hold your tongue from saying the wrong thing, there is something wrong in your heart.

Another theme that struck me was that the righteous will be rewarded, and the wicked will be punished. Of course, that seems elementary. However, some people go for the immediate gratification of sin, instead of the lasting rewards of righteousness. These chapters tell us that kind of behavior leads to destruction and to death. I urge you to live the steady life of righteousness, and allow the Lord to bless you. Don't try to bless yourself by grabbing for the pleasures of this world.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 12 and 13.

Popular Posts