Our God, Creator of All
There are some things that I can do very well, but there are other things which I hardly can do at all. That makes my life a challenge. I can set out to accomplish a task and get started off very well. Then, I run into problems. I find myself having to just do the best I can, which is not very good. Therefore, my task gets done, but it doesn't get done very well. It is never that way with God. He is good at everything, so that when He does something it comes out perfect.
The prophet Zechariah was vert aware of the attributes of God, because God revealed Himself to him and to His people at that time when He gave them a message. (Zechariah 12:1) "This message concerning the fate of Israel came from the Lord: This message is from the Lord who stretched out the heavens, laid the foundations of the earth, and formed the human spirit." This shows us all the great ability of God when He created this world and all that is in it. Let's think about it a minute.
God stretched out the heavens. Our universe is so huge and ever expanding that scientists have no way of even knowing how far it stretches. There are numerous galaxies and billions of stars. God put them there, and He named each one. (Psalm 147:4) That took a lot of wisdom and ability. He made the planets at the same time. He made one special planet, earth, as a perfect home for human beings. Yes, sin corrupted what was very good, but it is still a wonderful place for life to flourish with stable foundations.
God also created people, beginning with Adam. The Bible tells us that God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. (Genesis 2:7) The word breath is the same word as the word "spirit." God gave each human being a spirit, so that we can relate to Him. He did this because He is love, and He wanted many people to love and to have us love Him back. That was the whole purpose of stretching out the heavens and laying the foundations of the earth. All of this works together to show the glory of God, and we need to give Him all of our praise and thanks for being such an Almighty, Loving God.
Tomorrow, I intend to read Zechariah 13-14 and Malachi 1.