Free from the Power of Sin

 I am convinced that most people, even many Christians, do not understand what happens when we are saved form our sins. They think it is a simple change of beliefs. They think it is only a decision to trust Jesus as Lord and Savior. However, they do not realize the profound change that happens in us and for us.

Paul was very clear on this in Romans 6. I hope you will read the whole chapter, but I want to highlight one aspect today. (Romans 6:7) When we died with Christ, we were set free from the power of sin. I pray we all realize this truth, and we are living in this reality every day.

When we repented of our sins, we decided to put away sins and give ourselves fully to Christ in faith. When that happened our old sinful nature, the Old Man, died with Christ, like Jesus died on the cross. Then, we were given a new life, old things have passed away and new things have come. (II Corinthians 5:17) Now, we have the Holy Spirit in us, and we are free from the power of sin.

Yes, I know we still sin, at times, but we do not have to sin. We have the power to overcome every temptation. (I Corinthians 10:13) We have to listen to Satan and choose to sin. He can't force us to sin. Therefore, sin has no power over us. God did this so we can and will be holy, which means we will be conformed to Christ's image. (Romans 8:29) I pray we will all live by this truth every day and defeat sin.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Romans 7-10.

Popular Posts