A Key to Spiritual Strength

 Most people that I have met like to eat. In fact, often we eat 3 full meals a day with snacks in between. I know for myself, I look forward to having some of my favorite foods every day. Of course, I try to eat healthy, too, because I realize food is more than something that brings us pleasure. It is the source of our strength, our energy to do what we need to do. Without good food every day, we would get weak pretty fast. We would not be able to do heavy work, and we would feel badly. All of this is why what Job said caught my attention. (Job 23:12) He declared that he had not departed from the commands that came from the lips of the Lord. In fact, Job treasured the words from His mouth more than his daily food. Let's just let that sink in for a minute and consider the significance of what he said.

There are a good number of believers who try to read the Bible every day. We have a devotion time, a quiet time, or as I say, an unhurried time. A part of that time is reading the Bible. Why do we do this? The Word of God is our spiritual food. We know we need it to nourish us. My question to all of us is this: "How much do we treasure the words of God from the Bible?" Do we get greater pleasure from His Word than from our daily physical food? I believe that was the key to Job's spiritual strength, and it is a key to our spiritual strength today. We must not just read the Bible every day. We must crave the Bible every day. The words should be like honey to our lips. We should eat the meat of the Word and grow strong, as well as drinking in the life sustaining truths that are so sweet. Then, we will grow stronger every day, until we are ready to face whatever challenges come in our lives, just like Job did. I pray we will all check our hearts and ask ourselves those questions, so we can truly glorify the Lord in all we do.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 25-28.

Popular Posts