Just as God did Before

God is so good to direct us in His will. He is not hiding His will from us. He is trying to make sure we see where to go, and we hear from Him clearly. The problem is that sometimes we are not listening, and we are not really looking for His will, as we should. However, when He knows our hearts are set on doing His will, He will go to great lengths to show us His way for us. That is what He did for Joshua and the Israelites when it was time to cross the Jordan River and enter the land of Canaan. (Joshua 4:23) The priests were told to carry the Ark of the Covenant and to step into the waters of the Jordan. When they did that, God dried up the water of the Jordan before them until they crossed over, just as He had done to the water of the Red Sea, when He dried it up for the Israelites to come out of Egypt. Now, that was no coincidence. That was God doing a similar sign, so His people would have confidence in His provision. I know He does the same kinds of things today, as we trust Him.

Just think back over your life. When did God do signs and/or wonders to show you the way to go? Remember the times that you read His Word, and a verse jumped off of the page, and the Spirit spoke to your heart. Or maybe, it was like when He called me to the ministry. It was not an audible voice, but it was louder than that. I knew just what He was saying. God said, "Stan, I want you to be a preacher and tell people how to be saved, and that will help them for eternity." He did that as my best friend was driving us down Midway Road and we were discussing our future plans. Then, at Lathan Springs Baptist Camp in central Texas, I was at Youth camp with the youth from my church there. I had been praying for God's direction for Chris and I. We needed to know whether we should be open to going back to my home church to pastor. That morning, as we shared Bible verses, another pastor quoted, Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." That was God speaking to me, because we did not want to be selfish, or just do what we wanted to do, but it was the desire of our hearts. Isn't that just like God? He does it over and over again, so we can stay on His path for our life.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joshua 5-7.  

Popular Posts