God's Bountiful Provision

I agree with David. "I will sing to the Lord, for He has dealt bountifully with me." (Psalm 13:6) I write about this several times a year when we read verses like this one, because God wants us to praise Him and to thank Him for our blessings all of the time. I pray that all of us can relate to what David said so long ago. God is so good to deal with us according to His vast resources. He is worthy of all of our praise and thanks!

When was the last time you sat down to count your blessings? It is not just a line from a hymn; it is a great thing to do on a regular basis. It keeps us from focusing on the troubles of life. Though we may have many problems, God's blessings for His children always far outnumber the problems of life. It helps us to cultivate contentment, too. Remember, godliness with contentment is great gain. (I Timothy 6:6) If we don't consider God's bountiful provision, we can end up being greedy, self-centered, and self-reliant. Instead, we need to depend on the Lord, not our own abilities, and we need to give Him all of the credit for everything we have. Every good gift is from Him, so let's give Him credit as soon as we receive those blessings. Then, let's tell everyone how God has provided for us out of His abundance.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 15-18.

Popular Posts