Equipped for Every Good Work

It seems that many Christians feel inadequate to serve the Lord in many ways. When asked to serve, they say, "I can't, because I am not qualified." Except in the case of new believers, I do not think that should be a reply. The reason I say that is because the Lord gave us the Bible, so every believer can be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (II Timothy 3:16,17) God is so good to always give us everything we need to do His will, and even the Holy Spirit to empower us.

The Bible is so profitable. Through it, we receive the doctrine we need to show us what to believe about God, people, and everything else we encounter in life. It also shows us when we have done the wrong thing, so we can be reproved and corrected. However, the thing I am emphasizing here is that it provides instruction in righteousness. In other words, it shows us how to be like Jesus and how to do what Jesus would do. When we learn the Bible in our personal study time, and as we study together in the church, we become complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. That is why we need to be diligent to study God's Word and to hide it in our hearts. Then, we will never have to say, "I can't, because I am not qualified" again.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Titus 1-3.

Popular Posts