Sing Praises to God

Why should we sing praises to God? Yes, the Bible commands us to praise the Lord, because He is worthy of all praise, and singing is an excellent way to praise Him. However, it goes much deeper than that. Our praises should be personal for us. We should praise God like David did, when he sang praises to God for being His Strength, His Defense, His God of Mercy. (Psalm 59:17) Let's focus on singing personal, unique praises.

God is My Strength, because He energizes me to do every day more than I could ever dream of doing. I know that without Christ I can do nothing. (John 15:5) However, the truth is that with Christ I can do so much more than I ever thought possible. What a blessing for Christ to be My Strength! When I sing praises to Him, I will praise Him for His grace to give me abundant strength each day.

I will praise the Lord, who is My Defense. There are people who could attack me physically or with their words, but God is there to defend me. I am sure there are many times when I am not even aware of danger, but other times, I know He is with me. I can praise Him for those times when He overcame those who would harm me, My praise is even more because He is My God of Mercy. He does not just defend me when I am fully righteous before Him. He is merciful to come to my aid when I put myself in a difficult situation. I sing His praises for being My Defense and being My God of Mercy, because I know that I would not even still be alive today without Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 60-62.

Popular Posts