Doing God's Will

I am convinced by my observations and by the Word of God that most believers do not understand being sent by God to do His will. (Numbers 16:28) They think that life is about doing their own will. We all need to learn this lesson, which Moses knew very well.

Why do you do what you do? Why do you do what you do for the Lord and His kingdom? If you are a believer, the answer to both questions should be that you have been sent by God to do what you do. This is not just true for pastors and other so called "full-time Christian servants." Every Christian is a full time Christian servant. We are to live 24/7 for the Lord. We are to do what we do, because of His direction, not our own will.

Until we learn this vital lesson, we will miss out on living the life God has designed for us. (Ephesians 2:10) I tried to teach the Good News Club kids this truth today. I told them that the word Lord means "boss." The boss is the one who tells us what to do and how to do it. Therefore, every believer should wake up every morning and say, "Lord, what do You want me to do today, and how do you want me to do it?" Then, whatever He says to us, we should do it with all our heart, until He tells us to do something else. Try it, and see what happens. It is the only way to live.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 19-21.

Popular Posts