Receiving a Hundredfold and Eternal Life

Peter was feeling pretty good about Himself, because he had left all to follow Jesus. Then, Jesus set him straight. No one who has left anything for Christ's sake or the gospel's sake will miss anything in life, because He will give them a hundredfold and eternal life in return. (Mark 10:29,30) Now that is a sweet deal, don't you think?

I have experienced this in my life. Forty two years ago I left my father, mother, sister, and girlfriend, who would become my wife, for Christ and the gospel's sake. I drove to Waco, Texas to attend Baylor University and prepare for the ministry. It was only a couple of months before I started as the Youth and Music Director at Downsville Baptist Church. I did not get to eat my mother's cooking, but God supplied several ladies who would invite me over to eat on Sundays. I missed my father, but there were always older men, who were very good to lead me and give me advice. Yes, I was away from my dear little sister, Jan, but God gave me many brothers and sisters in Christ. It was hard being away from Chris, but God was faithful to allow us to get married a year later. God gave us a place to live and more than enough money to begin to raise our family. Then, God did this four more times as we moved to other churches, until I have dear friends around the world and blessing too numerous to count. I can truly say that I left everything to follow Christ, but I never lacked anything, in fact, I have had an abundance of all I need. God is faithful!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Mark 11-14.

Popular Posts